Sunday, August 10, 2008

olympics

So, I LOVED the opening ceremonies of the olympics! Of course I wept as the kids came out and the pictures of children around the world were projected on the scrim. I'm such a schmuck... I was amazed at the choreography and the drumming and the tai chi moves -- I can't believe how many people were involved, and without a mess up. It reminded me of the LA olympics when zillions of piano players did rapsody in blue simultaneously. I was only slightly annoyed by the concentration on the American team -- I could care less about Kobe Bryant -- it is times like these that I wish I had CBC like my parents. It's less blah blah blah and more about the athletes.

I did start my ravelympics projects -- I made the rainbow marley hat (pictures later), and will continue on the ever present tunic. I think I will make a hat or two more from the itty bitty hat book (thanks Michelle for pointing it out to me). If Matt's baby ever comes out, then I can decide whether to send him or her the marley hat. And I will get cracking on some hats for the twins, as well as for various other worthy children (and people).

Meanwhile, here's a picture to spice up the blog.

2 comments:

teryn j. said...

What a supercute pic of the twins! :)

GourmetGoddess said...

I might take their inspiration this afternoon and go paddle in a pool.....