Monday, May 5, 2008

no politics today

I found a lovely tract about knitters here. It was posted on my friend's blog, so I stole it. I do think knitting is definitely a religion sometimes. I spend so much time on it, it must be a spiritual expression. I am in the midst of making a tunic with lovely yarn from River Knits Fine Yarns in Lafayette, IN. If I get a chance, I will post it on ravelry.

I have heard that the Purdue Communications PhD students are enjoying my baby blankets for their various offspring. It's a lot of fun to make the blankets, and I like that people are enjoying them. However, I keep forgetting to put my labels on...oops. I will have a zillion left. Maybe I could start putting them in various sweaters I've bought and pretend I made them.

I will go back to knitting and watching random TV. I have my rugs in the dryer and should put them back where they belong. I did laundry, for EH had mice in her apartment, and wants to stay away until they are gone.

1 comment:

GourmetGoddess said...

I don't believe that knitting is a religion. However, threadworking (weaving, etc.) has played a major role in nearly all of the ancient religions. :)

Perhaps one of my students can creat a goddess specifically for knitting - Knitonia, perhaps?