Friday, May 2, 2008

thoughts on Hillary

I watched Hillary give her speech after the Penna primary, and this is why I like her:

1. She said that the moms and dads in the room with their daughters can whisper in their ears, "see, you can be anything you want to be."
2. She said that each generation was able to see change, and that our children will be able to say that that an African-American or a woman can be president.

I really really hope that I can be wrong, and that a woman can win in my lifetime. I still think it might be impossible. But it was a great speech, and I think she connected. It will be an interesting convention. I can see this splitting apart the party...oh, I hope it doesn't.

I am getting a little cranky about the patriarchical society I live in -- I am feeling v. silenced somedays, and it is frustrating, to say the least. I have not really been in this situation before, so it's even more frustrating...

I will post more this weekend I hope, but wanted to get this out (it's been in my head since the night of the primary).

No comments: